Step 1. Integration Prerequisites for Project Online <> Jira
Before you start configuring your Integration Scenario please visit the Integration Hub Installation page and install Integration Hub either as a SharePoint App or as an extension for Azure DevOps.
Before you start please make sure you have a valid license for Project Online. It is required to have a valid Project Plan 3 or Project Plan 5 license.
If you have already installed Integration Hub, review the prerequisites below to ensure that your integration will run smoothly.
Please note: These setup prerequisites are valid both for configuring one-way as well as bidirectional integrations between JIRA and Project Online.
Project Online account used for running integrations should have the following permissions:
- For SharePoint Permissions Mode - a member of Site Collection Administrators and default “Administrators for Project Web App” SharePoint group.
- For Project Permission Mode - a member of Site Collection Administrators and “Administrators” security group in PWA.
Jira account used for synchronization should meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of the default Administrators group.
- Use the default 'English (US)' locale.
- Jira legacy mode must be Disabled (Issues > ISSUE FEATURES > Time tracking > JIRA legacy mode).
- Time tracking feature should be enabled.
If you are sure to have all the required prerequisites you can proceed to the next step: Configuring two way integration scenario.